Continue reading our article if you are interested in playing Bitcoin Blackjack online in Australia. Some of the topics covered include the basic rules for playing Blackjack, tips to improve your chances of winning and how to get started playing Blackjack at a Bitcoin casino.
What is Blackjack?
Blackjack is a popular casino card game. It is a player versus dealer game with the object being to build a hand that is closer to 21 than the dealers without going over. A player who goes over 21 “busts” and it is an automatic loss. Unlike many casino games where the outcome is entirely determined by chance, players can employ a strategy in Blackjack that improves their chances of winning. Blackjack offers some of the best odds in the casino which is one of the reasons for its popularity with players. When played correctly the house edge in Blackjack can be as low as 0.5%.
What are Bitcoin Casinos?
A Bitcoin casino is simply an online casino Australia based players and others can play at using cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. Deposits and withdrawals are made using a cryptocurrency as opposed to a fiat currency like the Australian dollar or Euros. Many Bitcoin casinos offer the same games found at other online gambling sites including slots, Blackjack and other table games. Some Bitcoin casinos only accept cryptocurrency while others allow the use of fiat currency as well.
Getting Started Playing Bitcoin Blackjack
To get started playing Blackjack at a Bitcoin casino Australia players will need to find a site that offers the game and register. After registering deposit funds to your account using an accepted cryptocurrency and you are ready to play. Select the particular Blackjack game you are interested in and click to load the game directly in your browser.
Live Blackjack Online With Bitcoin
Many of the Blackjack games you find online are essentially computer games. The cards you are dealt are determined by a Random Number Generator. However some players may miss the feeling of playing against a live dealer. In that case they can play a live Blackjack Bitcoin games. These games use real human dealers and actual physical playing cards. All the action is live streamed directly to your computer. Players can see and interact with a human dealer as they play much as they would in a physical casino. For a lot of players it is preferable to interact with a person rather than a computer simulation and have the outcome determined by the actual turn of a card instead of a Random Number Generator. The odds are the same but the feel of the game is different. Just make a deposit using Bitcoin or another accepted cryptocurrency and play live Blackjack from the comfort of your own home.
You are likely to come across different variations of online Blackjack but the basic rules are essentially the same:
- Players and the dealer each initially receive 2 cards. One of the dealer’s cards will be face down while the other is dealt face up.
- In Blackjack numbered cards are worth their numerical value, face cards (Jack, Queen and King) count as 10 and Aces count as either 1 or 11 depending on what works best for your hand.
- After the initial deal players have the option to “stay” (take no card) or “hit” (take another card). Players may continue to hit until they are satisfied with their hand or they “bust” (hand total is over 21). If the player busts they lose no matter what cards the dealer has even if the dealer ends up busting also.
- In most Blackjack games after receiving their first two cards a player has the option to “double down”. This means they double their original stake and take 1 card only. If a player’s first two cards are of equal value they may choose to split their cards. The player must then match their original stake and they play each of the split cards as a separate hand.
- The dealer draws additional cards last. As long as their hand totals 16 or less the dealer is required to draw another card.
- If the dealer goes over 21 they bust and all players who haven’t busted win. If a player is closer to 21 than the dealer the player wins. If the dealer is closer to 21 than the player, the dealer wins. Should the dealer and player have equal hands it’s a “push” (tie) and the player keeps their stake. An Ace and a ten (10 or a face card) is Blackjack and the best hand in the game. It beats all other hands and usually pays 1.5 X.
Bitcoin Blackjack Tips
There are a few things players can do when playing Blackjack that will improve their chance of winning:
- Learn the game: Blackjack has a basic strategy for when players should hit or stay based on their cards and the one card the dealer is showing. Basic Blackjack strategy is no secret and can be found all over the internet. When played correctly the house edge in Blackjack can be as low as 0.5 percent. However the house edge increases significantly when players don’t know basic strategy.
- Use bonuses: If you are going to play anyway it only makes sense to take advantage of bonus offers. You can increase your bankroll and place some bets using the casino's money.
- Stick to your budget: Determine what your budget is and make sure you stay within it. Decide how long you want to play and place your bets accordingly with your budget in mind.